1. Go to the grocery store, the coffee shop, on a walk, and have a conversation with your cashier, your barista, your neighbors. We’re all humans trying to figure it out, and having a simple conversation about your day with a stranger will make you feel more connected, more here. Eye contact helps.
2. If you walk by someone and you like their shoes, or their hair, or their personality, tell them about it. Giving compliments that you mean will make you smile, and it will make the receiver of the compliment smile, which will make you smile more.
3. Ask a friend for a hug.
4. Look in the mirror everyday and say “I love you” to yourself. It’s weird at first, but it’s a great habit to get into.
5. Clean your room.
6. Smile at baby. That sounds kind of creepy. Just, if you see a baby somewhere, smile at it, they’re cute.
7. List your three favorite things about yesterday. They could be as small as not burning your toast in the morning, or as awesome as winning the lottery.